Click on the picture to hear the episode!
I loved my chat with Jim Szabo, host of the Second Hand Stories podcast. We chatted about the inspiration for our shows, how we deal with submissions and what our pet peeves are, how much we love our writers, our recording spaces, and so much more. Here’s some links to the things we talked about.
- Camp Nanowrimo
- The Ira Glass video on taste and creativity
- The silly podcast Kris used to be obsessed with is TBTL. (Haven’t listened in years, no idea if it’s any good anymore.)
- Dan Carlin is an indie podcasting legend
- Jim recommends Beautiful Stories from Anonymous People
- If you haven’t listened to S-Town, it is great as literature
- Kris loves the How to Be a Girl podcast
- Here’s the article on podcasting as literary nonfiction
- Jim talked about being featured on Bookstr
- No Extra Words submission guidelines [READ THEM]
- Second Hand Stories submission guidelines [READ THEM, TOO]
- The Twitter account @AdviceToWriters
And the two recommendations Kris gives to podcaster wannabes are: