I thought the arrival of baseball season was a big event in my life, but it turns out I have nothing on the fandom of my toddler. He has been waiting for this. He may not know about pitchers and catchers reporting to spring training last week, but he does know about sunshine and that it’s time to go outside and play “Bat-Ball.”
In his honor and also because I love it, we would like to release a baseball opening day special episode and we thought that you, the listeners, might have some baseball stories to share. So send them and let’s get this season started!
Here’s the way this works:
- Send your 1,000 word or less fiction or nonfiction baseball stories (will also accept poetry)
- Make sure they are your own work (plagiarism is bad karma)
- Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave them on the listener feedback line at (425) 686-9495
- Be sure to include your name and indicate how to pronounce it if it’s a tricky one.
- Deadline: Friday, March 18
Happy baseball season,